There are six different types of podcast formats according to Charli Prangley:
- Interviews are podcasts where there's a host(s) interviewing their guest. Example podcast: Richer Soul
- Conversational podcasts are podcasts where the host(s) talks about certain topics. Example podcast: The Tolkien Road
- Educational podcasts normally have more than one host and center towards a certain topic that is educational. Example podcast: A Way With Words
- Solo-casts are podcasts that center towards the podcast host and their experiences. Example podcast: Einstein Blueprint
- Non-fiction storytelling are podcasts where the host(s) talk about real stories that have happened in the world around us.
- Podcast Theatre podcasts are basically radio drama but in podcasts. It would have sound effects and voice actors to make it a TV show, but video.